Tuesday, October 30, 2007

❀ When the sky is darkened ...

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety."
Psalm 4:5 KJV

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

On the corner of Jamboree and Santiago, families have set up camp after evacuating their homes a week ago. Life goes on. A little boy celebrated his six birthday. These people don't even know if they have a home to go back to. And now the Santa Ana winds might pick up again ... My heart goes out to them. I don't know their name, haven't seen their faces, but my eyes well up with tears a I read their story. Pray ...
How does anyone handle these situations without the assurance of God's providence? Old hymns often come to my lips and bring comfort to my heart when I need a touch. I feel so close to my Savior when I sing to Him, His peace comes down and surrounds me. And I am safe.

No comments: