Monday, February 18, 2008

❀ The right time, in the right place

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt. 18:20 KJV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The hostess lead us to an empty booth. We choose another one, next to a lively group. It quickly appeared clear that it was grandma, great-grandma and three small children. My back was turned to them, but I could hear them - lovely children's voices. Crystal faced in their direction. Lots of smiles were exchanged between her and the little kids. We were talking about the children in her class. She loves them. Precious little ones.
We lingered long after dinner was finished. Then, the little group next to us started to gather up to leave. As the children stood close by, waiting for great-grandma to get up, I said a few words, asked their names. Oh, how they could talk!!! So we all introduced ourselves. We invited them to church - sunday school for the kids - we gave invite cards. Great-grandma now stood next to me. I extended my hand, she took it. I expressed how I would love to bring her to church. She mentioned a medical test coming up very soon - she is worried. I asked if she would like me to pray and motion for her to sit next to me. She agreed and bowed her head. I put my arm around her shoulders and held her hand. Crystal reached over and joined us.
And the Lord touched her, right there, at Denny's. His peace was there. His love was speaking to her soul.

13 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful post. Love the roses too.

Just a thought said...

Could this be what is meant by, “Go ye into the highways and the byways?”

Keep up His work.

Mervi

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you Mervi.

My desire, to be of service o the Lord.

Jewel said...

We are the only part of God that many people will ever see or experience. We must be willing to step out in faith as you did with this precious woman, Catherine. Wonderful post.

Anonymous said...

You are a very special kind of person, Catherine.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Jewel,

God reached out to me with human hands too...

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Hello Gilles,

Good to hear from you again.
I am the result of divine intervention in my life. Thank you for your kind words.

Jolene Harris said...

Catherine, What a beautiful post. I thank God that one day someone reached out to me. We should do no less. Continue being sensitive to the voice of God and being His hands.

I am so glad I got to meet you at Ladies Conference. Maybe next year I will have more energy and I won't require so much rest and we will be able to hang out and do some shopping or something.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Maybe Jolene? By faith - Yes! And God knows just when you'll run the aisles!!! Love you.

Tracie Smith said...

I believe if we will use our faith and call out on Him, He will save the sick. We can't wait for "them" to come to our churches. We must show them Jesus everywhere we go. Great post!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you Sister Smith.
I do believe we are God's hands, feet and voice. We are conduits for His divine love and virtue to flow and touch our world.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you and your family, on this sunny and warm Good Friday and I'm sure Easter will carry much reason to rejoice.
 

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Happy Easter to you and your Gilles.

Much reason to rejoice because He is risen and gave me a new life.
Thank you for taking the time to come over.

Catherine