Friday, August 1, 2008

❀ Speak to me Lord...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"... the Lord was not in the wind... the Lord was not in the earthquake... the Lord was not in the fire... " 1 Kings 19:11-12 KJV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday morning was an amazing morning. It was one of those times when hands are busy with the mundane tasks of house keeping, washing, wiping, straightening. And just like that - God.
It happened at the bathroom sink. I looked up and saw my face with rivers pouring from my eyes as I heard my voice say " I won't pull back". I cannot explain in words exactly what happened, but I know it was the Spirit of the Lord speaking to my soul. Something happened. I changed. A door opened and I went thru it. I will not be afraid, I will not pull back. I did before... almost 10 years ago. Not this time. Oh, I know it won't be easy. But Jesus will be with me - that's all I need to know.
It's a funny thing, I was going over a mental list of "must haves" if I should go without all that I have right now. The list was actually quite short and it surprised me. That's when I felt the Potter's Hand.
I took my time with the Lord. He let me. Me and Jesus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Lead me Lord! I'll follow, anywhere You open up the door
Let me know your wisdom, show me things I've never seen before
Lord I want to be Your witness, You can take what's wrong and make it right
Daystar shine down on me, let Your love shine thru me in the night.

Lord I see a world that's dying, wounded by the Master of deceit
Groping in the darkness, haunted by the years of past defeat
Then I see you standing near Lord, shining with compassion in Your eyes
Jesus, shine down on me, let Your love shine through me in the night."

12 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

I love it when can spend quality time with the Lord. There are moments sometimes too special to describe.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

You are right Karen. No words can express the depth of "quality" time with Jesus.

Jolene Harris said...

Catherine, I understand what you are talking about. I have sat and watched these past few days as my daughter has had this same talk with the Lord. I have watched her follow through as the Lord opened up the door. Oh what a beautiful transformation I have seen come across her face as the Daystar has shined down on her and His light has begin to shine through her in the night.

I sat and cried when I read your post. I thanked God for you, that you too have had this special touch in your life as well. For I know that you must be glowing with the peace of God, knowing you are in His complete will.

Just a thought said...

An open door can be a very scary thing.
Why is it open? Who opened it?
Why was it left open?
Who or what is on the other side? Do I need a light?
Should I just leave it alone and go about my way?

“May the Lord cause HIS face to shine upon you.”

Mervi

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Jolene,
I appreciate your comment. I took my glasses off and cried again. Thank you.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you Mervi, God bless you and your wife as well.

Anonymous said...

Catherine,

Ah...I felt the sweet presence of the Lord when I read this post today. My children and I had a smimilar experience two weeks ago while we were sitting around the lunch table. Food was forgotten. Worship began to pour from our lips. It was so unexpected. Both my son and my daughter were weeping in the presence of the Lord. It happened while listening to a worship song and eating chicken noodle soup! Thank God He never leaves us or forsakes us.

Thanks for posting this. :)

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

I had one of those precious moments last night Sis Catherine. Your post blessed me. Thank you. I have a very special prayer request. Please see my latest blog for a call to prayer.
God Bless you...
Sis Noel

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Shanon,
your comment reminded me of Bro Ewing telling how sometimes, lots of times, the food would get cold in theri plates while they prayed on their knees around the dinner table. Thanks for sharing with me. We need to know that it's a "normal thing" in Pentecostals home!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Praying for this precious little baby boy and the family after reading the post. Keep us updated.

Rochelle said...

Sometimes I forget how easily God can use blogging as a means to minister to me... this post just did.

Thank you.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Sis Rochelle,
I often "lurk " around your blog but quietly, Now I came out of the corner:)

How found out that blogging is a great tool. I have been blessed and comforted by others words.

Thank you for your comment.

God bless you and your family.