Sunday, August 31, 2008

❀ Confidence

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ "I am the Lord that healeth thee." Ex 15:26 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This Scripture is a sure foundation. He can, He wants to, He will take care of me! When I came out of Egypt, God gave me His Word!
But there was a requirement at the beginning of the same verse- "If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight..."

Chapter 16 tells us what happened when His children decided to do "their own thing". I don't know what's best for me, but He does! "... How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?" EX 16:28

I've made a lot of mistakes along the way. But Calvary is a familiar place. I have confidence, not in me, but in God, in the Blood of Jesus, in the Holy Bible.

14 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Beautiful symbolic picture. Yes, I too have made many, many mistakes along the way but the Lord has always forgiven me (if I will but ask). Symbolic (of foregiveness) post too.

Jolene Harris said...

I love this post Catherine and the picture. Thank God for His forgiving Power.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Hi Karen,

Where would I be without the Lord!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you Jolene,

Thank God for forgiveness.

Carol Connell said...

You've got your confidence in the right place!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Merci Carol,

"Hold to God's unchanging Hand..." says the old hymn. C'est la vérité!

Que Dieu vous bénisse.

Just a thought said...

The old song says, “The blood will never loose its power.” That power in the blood, not just to forgive my sin but to remove and hide my sin.
Thank you Jesus for the power of Your blood to remove my sin.

Mervi

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Yes Mervi, it's the Blood!

Eve said...

Amen. I have learned to trust him after many years. Things don't always go the way I think they should, but they go the way God knows is best for me. : )

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Hi Eve,


I love Karen Harding's song "Anyway".
You are right, trusting God is the only way to live!

Eve said...

It takes a long time to get that through thick heads like mine, but I am learning to trust more each day and lean less on my own understanding.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

The Bible does tell us about leaning on our own understanding - don't do it!
If we could just "Trust and Obey", much pain, heartaches and troubles of all sorts would not come our way. Yet, because of the same we get closer to the Lord. Infinite wisdom of God...

Anonymous said...

Hebrews 10:35
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great
recompence of reward.

son#1

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I know Who I trust (paraphrased) and it is Jesus!!!

Son #1,

Thank you once again, perfect Scripture...

Love you, Mom