Saturday, October 17, 2009

Glory Land

"Là-haut sur la montagne, l'était un vieux chalet,
Murs blancs, toit de bardeau, devant la porte un vieux bouleau,
Là-haut sur la montagne l'était un vieux chalet"...
Chorus from an old song my mother sang often. 

As a child I loved going up to the chalet in the Alps. My Tati's was a big fancy one, some friends had simple ones. There was something about behind up there, I loved it. My first recollection, it was summer time and I was 3 1/2 years old. In my school years, we spent one winter season in Switzerland and my class  went up for a week of "Outdoor Ed". Snowed in yes, but how gorgeous and peaceful. When I was 18, I spend New Years break up there... it was splendid! 
Growing up I dreamed about living in such places, or anywhere away from civilization, with indegenes. They thought it was strange. Why not society? Marry a Doctor, a Lawyer, a Judge, a...  you know, Daddy's dream for his little girl. 
Well it was a dream, I did find a place of refuge...
 ........................................................Old bird feeder in my backyard
I've got my mind on Heaven, I wanna go! 
I've got a mansion there you know!
My Father will be there!
Brothers and sisters will be there!  
I'm gonna sing and shout!
Won't have no pain in my body!
Won't have no sorrow in my heart!
I've got Heaven on my mind, I wanna go! Wanna go with me?

5 comments:

Just a thought said...

AMEN and AMEN

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Amen!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Amen - He is our refuge.

Carol Connell said...

Yes, I want to go there, and I purpose in my heart to go there. If I don't get to meet you in this life, I will look for you in that sweet by and by!!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

My oldest son and I remember when Brother Connell preached for us in Orange, under Pastor Doug Wright. I don't remember if you accompanied him :-( forgive me. That was eons ago it seems like!