Saturday, November 8, 2008

❀ A time to weep...



Driving down the hill in the night, thousands of lights shine in the darkness, homes... families... souls... I weep...
Our God wept too...

Driving thru the city, people on the sidewalks, crowds crossing at the light, mothers and children... I weep...
Our God wept too...

Walking in the store, voices around me, babies crying, mothers scolding, fathers shouting, stress... I weep...
Our God wept too...

America the beautiful, America the great, America land of the free, America in the balance... I weep...
For our Nation, for our children, for our young people, for our families, for our seniors, for our churches... I weep...

Jesus, what do you see?
It is not Your will that any should suffer - be hungry - be lonely and cold... You weep...

Wake up Church! Rise up to the challenge! Get under the burden! Can you feel the Lord's heartbeat? It's almost midnight, darkness is falling! Let your light shine high and bright! And weep... for the children... the old man was once a child... the old woman was a baby... And God's plan was good... Heavenly Father... I weep.

8 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

What a beautiful message Catherine. Our challenges are many, but our God is bigger than them all. Weeping may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you Karen. If it were not for the promises of God, how could we endure?
Wonderful things are taking place, doors opening to form a bond with those we are talking to (and weeping for), people voicing their desire to change and their need for God... soon they will fill our altars.

Just a thought said...

I do not remember where the term, “soul conscious,” came from. Yet, it is a place in Jesus needed this day for this hour.
Amen!!

Mervi

Gayla said...

Hi Catherine, Great post! Time is short. We need to win souls like never before. (You asked for information about the trip to Greece. Email me, and I will forward it to you. SebringRN@hotmail.com)

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

"Soul conscious" you said Mervi. I want to be that way everywhere I go. Thanks for stopping by. My thoughts are with you and your wife.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Hi Gayla,
Soul winning is what it's all about. I feel funny when no one comes to church with me. It's a good thing.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an awesome, soul-stirring writing! It's your heart talking and mine agrees 100%. :) Love you!

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

That is a beautiful post Sis Catherine. I feel that heartbeat in my life. Happy New and Blessed Year to you.. Love Sis Noel