Sunday, December 28, 2008

❀ Harvest time

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe...'' Joel 3:13 KJV
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

In a couple of days, it will be all over. Whatever didn't come to pass in 2008, this new year holds all promises for fulfillment of God given dreams and prophecies.

We have reached out to the poor and the needy, and they came.
We went to the children's home, and they came.

We sent cards and e-mails to the sick, and they were touched.

We called the backsliders and prayed for them, and they were touched.

We had visitors, new ones, returning ones, neighbors, co-workers, friends, family members...

And Jesus was pleased.

We had great picnics, camp outs, bonfires, plays, dramas, activities, outreaches, fellowship meetings, pot lucks, kid stuff, youth stuff, formal deals, informal deals, same things, new things...

We invested our time and money, we worshiped, we prayed, we fasted...

And Jesus was watching.

Did we forget something? Did we not see what was right there? Did we miss something?

There is a hunger and a desperation in my soul to see new faces, faces of new babes in Christ, planting their feet deep.

New babes drinking at the springs of Living Water.

I believe that Revival is ours, it is God's will, and it is high time.

I believe that 2009 can be the greatest year for the church, for the harvest is ready.

But we must look deep inside and see what God sees.

There is a cost, I must count it. There is a Divine plan, I must know it.

If not here, where? If not now, when? If not me, who?

The year of the harvest... I want to be a laborer... will You send me?

5 comments:

Debbie Pryor said...

Awesome thought!! Yes, there is a cost, but you can count me in. That's my prayer, Lord I want to be a vessel of honor that you can use. People need what we have, but we must be willing to sacrifice our time and energy if we are going to the hurting.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Beautiful picture, and beautiful thought. 2009 will be the year to offer our Lord everything. May your year be filled with Harvest, Love, and Every Good Thing. God Bless.

Carol Connell said...

Amen! My desire is the same as yours for 2009. I want to see new souls born into the kingdom of God. May God help us to do our part through prayer, fasting and reaching out to people.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! :)
The theme of our church this year, "FOR HIS GLORY"! The harvest is ready - let's reach them for His glory!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

To all,

I apologize for not answering or even acknowledging
your kind comments.

"Let's have a revival, from the pulpit to the pew
Let's have a revival, it starts with me and you
It reaches out to a lost and hungry world and brings them in
This is our joy, it's our survival
Let's pray for a Holy ghost arrival, let's have a revival"