Wednesday, February 18, 2009

❀ Going deep

"O Lord, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep". Psalm 92:5 KJV



It's been working on me for a while, too long in fact. I'm having a time getting where I hunger to go. Deep in God, deep in the Spirit. It takes effort, diligence, consistency, confidence, trust, sacrifice, dedication, self denial, humility... and more. Not the most popular "to do" list.



Strong meat...
Cowboys chewed on jerky...
John the Baptist ate honey and locusts...
Eskimos unaffected by modern living eat whale blubber...
Strong meat...


"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters;
These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep"
Psalm 107:23 & 24 KJV


I may not do what I desire to do for God - yet - but it's coming...
I may not have what I desire from God - yet - but it's coming...
I may not be where I desire to be in God - yet - but it's coming...

So, go ahead, ask the Lord for the deep things, eat the strong meat. Once you've tasted of it... nothing else will do.
Go ahead, count the cost, it's not too much. Jesus already took care of the bill. Our share is very reasonable. The return, incalculable. The benefits, eternal.

11 comments:

Mark Pryor said...

There is nothing like eating strong spiritual meat and doing business in the deep waters.

I'm thankful for hunger, like I preached Sunday...without hunger we would never feel the desire to eat.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

A preacher told how he could not wait to get home for dinner and ate a little junk food on the way. Spoiled his appetite.

My prayer, specifically for young people, is that they would get a hunger and a desire for the things of God, a love for the Truth and for the Scriptures.

Sunday for a very unique day...

Just a thought said...

“Psa 42:1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Mervi

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Mervi,

Thank God for thirst and water, Living Water.

Karen J. Hopper said...

I have not YET arrived in the places I desire in the Lord BUT IT'S COMING. Wonderful post - I am inspired. Love you.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you Karen. We are all on the same journey, looking for the same treasure, fueled by the same desire. Love you too.

Got to tell you a funny thing: at Camp Meeting 2008, I saw a lady and thought it HAD to be you, I approached her... Maybe we will meet some day :)

GT said...

Dear Sister,
Thank you for the comment on my blog this morning I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog as well. It is apparent that you love HIM!!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Graceful Threads,

Sickness has kept me out of doing just about anything. Going to church and finally "out" this week. The whole thing is God's Hands and accomplishing a purpose.
Your blog need to be read, and passed on to those hungry - there are many in our churches.

God bless you richly!

sylvie said...

Through the ocean, I find your blog...What a wonderful rose. Thank you for the pictures and the text, they are full of kindness both.
Sincerelly

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Welcome to my blog Sylvie,

Thank you for your kind words. I hope that the waves will bring you back again.
Have a great week.