Friday, January 4, 2008

❀ From me

No picture today. I am "technically challenged". Hopefully this will be remedied soon.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
"A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children's children" Proverbs 12:22 KJV
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

It must be the perspective of another birthday soon or maybe just the general feeling all around me, but I am thinking about heritage, legacy.
I have in my possession a ladies watch that belong to my grandfather's grandmother... plates from the early 1800's... several pieces of furniture from the same era... all part of who I am. The table where I am sitting now speaks to me of my roots - hand made in the mid-1800's - used by my mother's grandparents.

No one walked with the Lord before me in my family (that I know of).
How different everything would have been if God had been part of our heritage.

For my great grand children, will it be pictures? Certainly. Letters, cards? Yes. Hand knitted or crocheted pretties? Yes. Dolls, china, crystal, books... ? Some.
What about my walk with God?
Last night we heard about the Bible, my Bible, as the most precious heritage. Funny how the Lord speaks to us to make sure that we get it clear. I got it. I'm thinking. Speak Master, help me to hear and heed.

No comments: