Thursday, January 10, 2008

❀ Buses full of children


≈ • ≈ Some of of the children who bless us - Christmas banquet ≈ •  ≈

≈ • ≈ • ≈ •≈• ≈ • ≈ •≈• ≈ • ≈ •≈• ≈ • ≈ •≈• ≈ • ≈  • ≈ •≈• ≈ • ≈ •≈• ≈ • ≈ •≈• ≈
"Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." Matt 19:14 KJV
≈ • ≈ • ≈ •≈• ≈ • ≈ •≈• ≈ • ≈ •≈• ≈ • ≈ •≈• ≈ • ≈  • ≈ •≈• ≈ • ≈ •≈• ≈ • ≈ •≈• ≈

Something has been on my mind for months now. I can't get away from it. I don't want to get away from it. I want it to become reality. Buses. At least one to start. 15 passenger van? It will be full before we drive out of the cul-de-sac.
We need a bus!!! Why not 2 buses? I need a bus!!!
See, for over a year, we've been bringing kids to Sunday School and stuff. Sometimes, it takes 3 cars, Crystal and I can take 7 and Bro Don-André takes the others. At times, their parents have dropped them off at church if we cannot take them all. Besides our regulars, several of their friends came but I'm finding out that they know we do not have enough room. Would they all come if we had a bus? I believe so, and more with them.
At prayer meeting last night, something happened. My heart was so heavy as I wept for the children in my area. I know that there are thousands who have never been in the presence of God and felt His love through human arms. I want to bring them, a dozen at a time, a bus full at a time.
I spoke my burden to my daughter - I've got a driver. I'll ride too. Let's go - I'm ready.

8 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Catherine, May God bless you with The Bus so that many children can be reached with the Word. I am so excited. Do keep us informed as God brings forth this miracle.

Jewel said...

Dear Sis. Catherine....I found your blog through Sis. Elms' blog. I am sitting her with tears in my eyes and an ache in my heart after reading this post. I am praying and will continue to that you get a van or a bus, whatever the Lord chooses to provide and He will. I feel your heart's desire for it is mine, too. To reach our children and their families. Please keep us posted! God's blessings and strength to you!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Sis Karen,
I trust God will provide The Bus at the perfect time and then, I'll have the have a Victory March around the block!
Blessings to you and your family
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jewel,
Thank you for your prayers and your burden. I've got tear in my eyes again.
During last prayer meeting, I felt a new level of faith.
God did for others, He'll do it for us!
God bless you and your family

Just a thought said...

Busses:

As I read your thoughts I could help but go call up the memories of a large fifty five passenger bus with over a hundred children on it. Oh this was back in the sixty’s and early seventies in Bakersfield, Ca. As I drove this bus, I kept a spray bottle full of water and a little soap, what for? I’d spray it on the kid’s faces and wipe it off so at least their faces were clean. Tie shoes, change dippers, stop fights, find shoes, purses, on and on.
On I wind the clock of time forward and I see. Two of the little girl’s are preacher’s wives; one is an assist pastor’s wife. I have found many still in church and living for Jesus. I have seen so many in so many different places and in many churches in our fellowship. Do grown old men cry? YES!! When I see these face that look like I should know them but thirty plus years has changed their faces. But the experience these children and young people received many years back is still alive within them.

Buses Oh Buses GO FOR IT!!

(Been there done that)

Mervi

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I have tears in my eyes and I'm all choked up reading your comment. Thank you for sharing with me. It's a faith booster. Tonight, the oldest boy, not in the picture, is having dinner at my house with a couple of saints from our church. He has received the Holy Ghost right before this school year. God is good .
I remember a young men at Convention some years back. He was friends with my neighbor kid 15 years go, and I had witnesses to them both. Then they moved and that was it. But the visiting boy got in church somewhere else and came to Bakersfield for the meeting and saw me and called me out. He told me he could not forget. I cried then too. God is good.

God bless you,

Sis Catherine

Debbie Pryor said...

Catherine, just keep praying because God will provide the bus!

Mark Pryor said...

Catharine, great post. God will provide a way.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Pastor and Sis Pryor,
Thank you for stopping by and believing with us.
God is working it all out!

Much love,

Sis Catherine