Monday, January 28, 2008

❀ Seasons

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •
This is the season for rain. And rain we are having. I love the way hills look in the rain. I drive quite a bit back and forth on the 15. Today, the clouds hung low, caught on every hill top, and it rained. I found myself transported back decades ago - Switzerland. It was another time, another season in my life. While on this grand adventure - doing my best to walk following God's map ( His Word is a lamp... and a light...) I find myself in a new season.
~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" Eccl. 6:1 KJV
~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •
All at once it seems, the road I'm walking on took a sharp turn, and I can't see around the corner. That's when I need to remember Lord how You took care of me in the seasons of my life.

And then, just as quickly as the rain came, there will be a rainbow...
~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • "In the Lord put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?" Psalm 11:1 KJV

11 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

I love the rain, and it has been so long in coming. However, with its arrival has come a time of reflection of times past. Isn't it strange how rain and the beauty it brings touches a certain part of our soul? Love your pictures, and your words.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Good Morning Sister,
You said it so right - it touches a certain par of our soul. What is it about the rain? For one I know it is soothing, like the sound of a brook ( that's why those "tranquility fountain are popular).
Thank you for your comment. I was driving and the rainbow was full but wasn't able to snap it quickly enough - too much incoming traffic :)

The Weidners said...

Hi! I just found the comment on my blog that you had written. No, I am sorry but the lady with the cane is Mary Frutos. I am sorry that it is not your friend. That would of been awesome! God Bless!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Thank you for taking the time to come here. Yes it would have been awesome if this was my friend!
I have enjoyed visiting your blog.
God bless you.

Jolene Harris said...

The rain has a way of cleansing the air and making things seem so fresh. So goes the Spirit of the Lord. It comes in and cleanses us and makes our lives fresh and new again. Beautiful post and pictures!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Sis Jolene,
There is nothing like a good rain - in the natural or in the spirit world. I need those times of refreshing more than ever.
Thank you for your comment.

Anonymous said...

Catherine,
This is the first time I've seen this blog! I love it.

Your pictures are beautiful! I agree with you. I love the rain and the sense of newness it brings.
Thank God for seasons!

God bless.

www.xcelonline.com/eph456

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Hello Sister,

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. It is a blessing to bring joy to others.
I am still borrowing my daughter's camera - must get my own one of these days!

BTW I enjoy your blog also.

God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Je suis ravi de découvrir tes talents de photographe ! Sorry, I didn't visit Looking In up until now, but that will change, for sure.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Quelle bonne surprise Gilles! Je suis ravie de la visite et ne mérite pas les compliments, j'en suis encore à l'âge enfantile avec l'appareil de ma fille. J'aimerais un Canon avec macro. Patience estg une vertue... et j'épargne!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Typo... would you believe that I do not know how to correct my own comment? Well, it's "Patience est une Vertue".